Saturday 19 May 2007

my 48 hour day..

Wow what a day, it started at 2.40am today, after only having a 45 minute power nap before getting up again to leave for odessa, ukraine. the roads where empty as usual at anytime after 11.30 in moldova until 9 in the morning and as usual the customs gave us some bother charging us for a supposed days insurance for going into the Ukraine! it was just before 7 when we arrived at the biggest outside market in odessa. odessa is the black sea's largest import port for eastern europe and the market we went to to find lots of goodies for my wedding including my suit is also the largest outside market in eastern europe! oo what a mouth fill!




the place was buzzing int he morning and by 12 it was heaving with people and the temperature had got to have been in the high 20s. But for several hours the search was on for a suit for me and my best men, within 20 mintues we had the 2 dark grey suits for the best men and then we were looking for a lighter one for me. the colour wasnt the problem! the length of the arms where. you see a tall 6"1 thin build with basketball long arms doesnt suit suits in the ukraine or anywhere in Russia! they dont have long sleeved suits! so we had a problem. after going through about 20 other suit shops we finally found one suit which seemed to do the trick. i tried it one, got the seal of approval from the bride to be and closed the deal! :D phewww shopping it really wasnt created for men!




we then headed back on our 4 hour journey to chisinau, moldova from the market to find that we had a surpise for us. a few friends had came around and started to make a barbeque with chicken and pork! my favourite :) it was a great evening even though all of us were exhausted we still had a blast.



but now everyone is asleep apart from me and my little scary friend who joined me on my computer screen!!



but im finally off to bed. Amen! Night guys!

No comments: